When commencing a new project I start with a colour and build from there.
It could be the colour of the sofa or a clients’ love of a particular colour.
If that’s a “trend” colour that I know they will tire of, I only use it as an accessory and not a major purchase. Then when the trend has passed it can be swapped over for another colour or another trend to keep the room looking fresh and up to date.
Personally I don’t like trends and prefer natural linen, navy blue & mustard which I never tire of and it never dates. Dark & light greys and black & white accents are also timeless and such a classic look.
Planning a shopping trip
- Take a photograph of the room/space before leaving home
- Measure the space you want to decorate & take a tape measure with you
- Eat – there’s nothing worse than being hungry when shopping
- Phone/text a friend if you need a second opinion
- If unsure, don’t make a rash decision – go home & think about it
Thank you for following The Style Project Blog.
If you have not subscribed & would like to receive future blogs
email firstname.lastname@example.org or subscribe at the top of this blog